Several Wounded in Blast at WWI Memorial in Jeddah of Saudi Arabia

Officials have said at least three people were wounded when an explosive device hit an international ceremony commemorating the end of World War I at a cemetery in the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah.
Several countries had representatives at Wednesday’s event, which was held at a cemetery for non-Muslim dead and was attended by foreign diplomats.
Hours after the incident, local authorities said a Greek national and a Saudi security officer were wounded in what they described as a “cowardly” attack. The British government said one UK national also suffered minor injuries.
The Saudi statement carried by state news agency SPA said an investigation was under way and confirmed that several consuls were present.
An official from Greece, who declined to be named, had earlier said there were “four slightly injured, among them one Greek”, without providing further details.
Saudi state television, meanwhile, broadcast from outside the cemetery and acknowledged that an attack involving an explosive device had taken place, but stressed that the security situation was now “stable”.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility and no word on the motive.
In a joint statement by the embassies of France, Greece, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States – all of which were associated with the commemoration ceremony – condemned the attack, calling it “cowardly”.